Early signs of schizophrenia tell people around the patient that something is going wrong but it’s quite hard to tell what it is for the first time. Usual symptoms are getting away from daily activities, losing interest in hobbies, losing motivation, decrease in emotional reactions etc.
Most common symptoms of schizophrenia are listed as :
- Getting distant from social life
- Aggressive behavior, constant suspicion
- Decrease in personal hygiene
- Frozen sight
- Not expressing feelings such as joy or sadness
- Excessive sleeping or insomnia
- Weird behavior or talking
- Lack of concentration
- Intolerance to criticism
Listed symptoms might be signs of other diseases and it’s not right to tell that everyone with these symptoms has schizophrenia disease. However, it is advised to take the symptoms seriously and consult a doctor.
Characteristic symptoms of schizophrenia are hallucinations, diffused talking, messy behavior and “negative” symptoms. The effect and level of symptoms may differ according to the patient.